Monday, April 26, 2010

An Anzac Beechworth

I spent Anzac Day in Beechworth this year.

It's a quaint, old little town ...

Full of charming little shops ... Some Frenchy ...

And 'purveyors of fine foods', selling delish local produce ...

My foodie friend and I ate at Wardens again. Let's show you our delicious three-hour Sunday lunch, shall we?

To start ...

Appetisers ... It's like art on a plate ...


... And VERY tasty art, I might add! Here are the mains, including the gnocchi above.


And now, dessert! (The best part!)

YUMMM!!

Then, to walk it off, we went to Nine Mile Music, where I bought a French CD ...

... then into Larder, the fromagerie next door.
Where foodie friend bought this cheese.
They were all out of my favourite pistachio turkish delight :(
Oh well, next time ...
And so ends the day with a cute doggie patiently waiting for his owner outside the painting shop!

Pics by ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment